The CAAT Training Institute is a capacity building initiative for organizations to strength the knowledge and skills in their audit departments. We are about the transfer of knowledge and specialised skills in the data concepts, techniques and the analysis of electronic data to achieve audit objectives and the initiative is born from:
• The realization that the most important skill in the accounting and auditing services space is the understanding and the application of data analytics, commonly referred to Computer-Assisted Audit Techniques (CAATs). These skills are also the most lacking and require the greatest to improvements. The importance of these skills is that they provide for more efficiency and effectiveness, reduce risk and cost, identify other revenue streams, and add value to the business.
• A desire to provide auditors and other professionals the kind of help and guidance to learn the application of CAATs
• To provide practical insights into the use of auditing tools and techniques
• To promote interest in the CAAT specialist roles
• To enable audit professionals to address the practical audit requirements and compliances for business using CAAT tools
• To expand the knowledge based awareness on the use of data in the audit space
• To influence the application of Computer Assisted Audi Techniques on audit assignments
• To prove the benefits of CAATs to both the audit team and its clients
Computer-Assisted Audit Techniques (CAATs) and Data Analytics
They are used in the execution of the audit procedures to evaluate the effectiveness of Information
System processes, systems and the control measures in place and to consider possible
compensating computerised controls, keeping in mind the total system. CAATs are programs which
are developed to assist the auditor in the auditing process. They are applied to do a basic verification
of the data and/or to assist with substantive and compliance tests. The techniques are executed using
analytics tools. These programs are a basis for Data Analytics.
We aim to provide practical insight into the use of data techniques and analysis. This training addresses data characteristics, profiling, data concepts and techniques, data record types, data file types, flow of data through the system, input and output sources, importing, data manipulation, results extraction and reporting.